Best Dorm Plants
For most, college is the first time you’re away from home, and it means it’s also the first time you need to truly be responsible for yourself – and your dorm plants! Make your dorm room feel like your own little home with the addition of a dorm plant! Positive vibes from this natural addition from your room will be sure to make this more than a nice addition to your desk or window sill. To help find the best dorm plants that fit in a dorm room, we’ve compiled the following Dorm Essentials top 10 dorm plants (spoiler alert: they are all real or fake succulents). Don’t forget to add a pot for your new dorm plants too!
1. Mkono Ceramic Hanging Planter Wall Planters Set of 3 Modern Flower Plant Pots for Dorm Room
While picking the succulents below, make sure to have a good hanging planter ready! These wall hanging planter can be used to add some vertical greenery to any wall in your home, great to display your lovely plants like cactus, herbs, succulents, air plants or other small plant. Beautifully for storage paint brushes, pens or other small things. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
2. Succulent Plants Live (5 Pack), Fully Rooted Succulents Dorm Plants
HAND SELECTED SUCCULENT PLANTS: Each succulent pack is hand-picked with care from our Organically grown greenhouses. You will receive a unique collection of FULLY ROOTED 2 INCH POTTED succulents similar to the ones pictured. Note that our nursery growing cycle changes year-round, so varieties/species we send will vary weekly.
3. Artificial Sunflowers Pot, Silky Artificial Sunflower Metal Pot Bonsai
UNIQUE DESIGN: Exquisite sunflower bouquet, soft flowers, vivid and realisc, lifelike, looks more natural and beautiful, suitable for wedding decoration, table setting, and elegant home decoration. SAFE & DURABLE: This artificial flower bouquets are made of eco-friendly plastic, looks natural, generous and elegant. Natural fresh color, non-toxic and harmless, safely, eco-friendly, well made and vibrantly colored.
4. Echeveria Succulent Dorm Plant (2.5 inch, graptoveria Bashful) by Fat Plants San Diego
Look no further than this succulent if your a fan of many small leaves. Similar to a cactus in appearance, this graptoveria bashful echeveria is an eye catcher and pleasant visual addition to any dorm room.
5. Mkono Macrame Dorm Plant Hanger Hanging Planter
Note: this is just a hanger for the dorm, you still need the plant! Since this macrame plant hanger can hang from the ceiling or wall, you save space and beautify any indoor and outdoor corner spaces, also be a wonderful gift for plant lovers or as a housewarming gift. Size: 41″ Length and 46″ Length.
6. Burrito Succulent, 2" Grower Pot, 2 inch by Shop Succulents
While the Burrito Sedum in 2″ pot is a top contender for cute succulent, the smaller and less uniform size leaves it on a lower position on our list, although how can you say no to those cute petals?
7. Small Desktop Artificial Succulent Dorm Plant with Natural Clay Pot from Allgala
Needing to care for a live plant may be too much added stress to your school life, so we added some artificial plants to the mix. This cactus offers a nice vibrant flower to add some color to your dorm.
8. Bornbridge Artificial Succulent with Ceramic Geometric Planter - Haworthia Succulent
Zero maintenance, a beautiful planter and the appearance of a succulent? This is another artificial low stress winner.
9. Small Desktop Artificial Succulent Dorm Plant with Natural Clay Pot by Allgala
This artificial plant offers multiple layers of leaves to try to mimic the natural appearance of a plant and comes out visually appealing. A nice addition for those looking for an artificial alternative.
10. Artificial Bonsai Juniper Tree by yoerm
Bonsai tree is often considered to bring good luck and wealth, two good things for students. As a faux plant no need to stress about caring for this one either!
Bringing dorm plants to your dorm room can be a good idea for a number of reasons from health to decoration. Some benefits of having plants in your dorm room may include:
- Improved air quality: Some plants are known to improve air quality by removing harmful pollutants from the air. This can be especially beneficial in a dorm room, where the air may be more stagnant than in other living spaces.
- Increased relaxation and stress reduction: Studies have shown that spending time around plants can have a calming effect and may help to reduce stress. Having plants in your dorm room can provide a sense of peace and relaxation in an often hectic environment.
- Decorative touch: Plants can add a decorative touch to your dorm room and help to create a more welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.
- Improved focus and productivity: Some research has suggested that being around plants may help to improve focus and productivity. Having plants in your dorm room could potentially help you stay on track with your studies.
Overall, bringing plants to your dorm room can have numerous benefits and can help to create a more pleasant and relaxing living environment. It’s important to consider the type of plant you bring, as some plants may require more care and attention than others. That’s why our top dorm plant list focuses on succulents and low maintenance plants.
Leave a Comment