Best Dorm Sports Equipment
When living in the dorms, its great for your mental and social well being to grab some friends or make new ones from your dorm and hit the gym or play outside with dorm sports equipment! Your college campus will likely have an open field for you to walk to and play on. For a truly memorable experience we suggest playing with LED sports equipment at night! If weather or location isn’t permitting, there are also some fun mini versions of sports you can play in your dorm, or less active things like board games. Here’s our affiliated Dorm Essentials top 10 list of dorm sports equipment you should have in your dorm:
1. Spikeball Dorm College Sport
Spikeball is a fun, active, and competitive (if you want it to be) 2 on 2 outdoor indoor sports game played on college campuses, tailgates, the lawn, yard, backyard, beach or gym with rules kind of like volleyball.
2. Molten Recreational Volleyball
An official size & weight volleyball with a unique colorful print, grab some people and pass the ball around! A volleyball can offer a fun outdoor activity with no net required.
3. Wilson NFL Super Grip Football
A classic football, tossing around the “pigskin” requires no extra equipment but is still a load of fun!
4. adidas Capitano Soccer Ball
A classic soccer ball, if you played soccer in high school we recommend having in your dorm room to take to the field! Your friends or future soccer teammates will thank you.
5. 175g Ultimate Frisbee Disc
Throwing a frisbee is an instant activity with very low skill barrier so anyone from your dorm can join! This frisbee offers a natural design and is made in an environmentally friendly fashion, leading to the top spot in our list.
6. GlowCity Light Up Football
Football includes one impact activated LED that’s located in the center of the ball, when bounced or kicked the LED lights up the entire football in a fiery red/orange Glow. The LED lighting stays on until your finished playing with it and shuts off 30 seconds after use. Get ready for exciting night games!
7. Nite Ize Flashflight LED Light Up Flying Disc
With a patented fiber-optic array that extends all the way to the rim, this entire flying disc is illuminated from every angle. Has a push button on/off switch. Grab your dorm floor for a late night Frisbee session, playing at night with a glowing Frisbee is a really cool experience!
8. SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop
This mini basketball hoop can be mounted in your dorm room and provide relief from schoolwork challenging your dorm to a game of horse or a shootout contest!
9. Franklin Sports Mini Sponge Foam Football
A mini football perfect for tossing up and down your dorm floor hallway or between roommates.
10. Franklin Sports Ball Maintenance Kit
Be the hero of your dorm floor with a sports ball pump to keep all your equipment filled with air, or fill up a ball you may already own (or recently purchased).
Playing sports in college can be an important part of your student experience for a number of reasons. Some of the benefits of participating in college sports may include:
- Physical health: Participation in sports can help students maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, which can have numerous physical and mental health benefits.
- Teamwork and leadership skills: College sports often involve teamwork and leadership skills, which can be valuable in both personal and professional settings.
- Networking and career opportunities: College sports can provide opportunities to meet new people and make connections that may be beneficial in the future.
- Academic benefits: Studies have shown that student-athletes may have higher grades and graduation rates compared to non-athletes, potentially due to the discipline and time management skills developed through sports participation.
- Personal growth and development: Participating in college sports can help students learn valuable life skills such as discipline, teamwork, and time management, which can help them succeed both on and off the field.
Overall, participating in college sports can be a valuable and enriching experience for students, helping them to grow both personally and professionally.
It is possible to play sports in college even if you are not on a college team. Many colleges and universities have recreational sports programs that allow students to participate in sports for fun and fitness, regardless of their skill level. These programs may include organized sports leagues, fitness classes, and other recreational activities.
In addition, some colleges and universities may have club sports teams that are not affiliated with the school’s varsity athletics program. These teams are typically made up of students who want to compete at a high level but may not meet the requirements to be on the varsity team. Club sports teams often compete against other colleges and universities in their region or across the country.
Overall, there are many opportunities for students to participate in sports in college, whether or not they are on a college team.
Leave a Comment