Best Dorm Heater
A dorm room becomes a home away from home. But the one thing that is common is that the temperature gets too cold in the dorm. In this case, you’re probably looking to get yourself a comforter or dorm heater so that you can stay warm and cozy. While the first thing you need to do is check with your campus or resident adviser to see if you’re allowed to bring a dorm heater, we’ve compiled the following Dorm Essentials top 10 dorm heater to help you stay warm in a cold dorm.
1. Honeywell HCE840B HeatGenius Ceramic Dorm Heater
A SMART WAY TO HEAT: This heater is designed with 6 customized heat settings to give you control of your comfort. The intelligent & powerful ceramic heating capabilities allow you to heat you, your room or your floor area with the touch of a button. EASY TO USE: This ceramic heater provides superior safety & easily controlled comfort, featuring 6 customized heat settings, a 2 hour auto-off heat phase timer, a quiet mode setting, tip-over and overheat protection, a cool touch housing and more. INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using portable heaters in your home can help increase comfort & supplement home heating needs.
2. Black + Decker BHDC500B46 Compact,Personal Black Ceramic Dorm Desktop Heater
A small compact size that is great for small rooms or work areas. Ceramic heater with manual controls. Adjustable thermostat control. 1500 Watts with 4 settings: Off, Fan, Low Heat, High Heat. Safety overheat protection. Safety tip over auto shut-off function.
3. Lasko Designer Series Ceramic Dorm Space Heater-Features Oscillation
Adjustable Thermostat – allows you to adjust the heater’s 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With easy to read LED temperature settings you can select temperatures from 60F to 85F or select max heat for maximum warmth. Built-in Timer – can be programmed from 1 hour to 7 hours. Simply press the timer button on the digital control panel to easily program the timer in 1 hour intervals. Once the timer is set the heater will automatically shut off after the programmed time. Built-in Safety Features – overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a cool touch exterior keeps the heater cool to the touch even after running for hours.
4. Honeywell 360-Degree Fan Forced Dorm Surround Heater
ENERGY EFFICIENT HEAT: Providing 360 all-around warmth, this portable heater is ideal for small to mid-sized rooms. The Low setting does not require as much electricity to operate, so it is more energy efficient and a better option for saving energy. EASY TO USE: Delivering enhanced safety features & easily controlled comfort, this heater features an adjustable thermostat as well as 2 heat settings, a 360-degree tip-over switch, overheat protection and an easy-grab, cool touch carry handle.
5. andily Space Heater Electric Heater for Dorm
SMALL HEATER MEASURES: 6.2″ X 4.74″ x 8.3″ . Manual controls. Fully Assembled. Carrying handle for easy transport. Adjustable thermostat for comfortable warmth—ideal for dorm. THREE MODES HEATER WITH FAN: 1. High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat(750-watt ), 3. Fan Only. The power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in.
6. Oscillating Dorm Space Heater – Forced Fan Heating with Stay Cool Housing
SAFE AND DURABLE: Our Positive Temperature Coefficient Heating Technology uses ceramic chips instead of traditional resistance wire, making our heater safer, less likely to overheat & more durable. ETL CERTIFIED & BUILT TO BE SAFE: In addition to being ETL Certified, this unit includes an overheat protection sensor and an automatic fail-safe that cuts power to the unit if it’s accidentally tipped over.
7. Dyson Pure Hot + Cool, HP01 HEPA Air Purifier, Dorm Space Heater & Fan
The Dyson Pure Hot Cool purifies, heats, and cools you – delivering multifunctionality, without compromise. CAPTURES: The sealed HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of allergens as small as 0. 3 microns makes this an ideal air purifier for allergies, pets, dust, pollen and mold spores. PROJECTS: Projects purified air throughout the whole room. Air Multiplier technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow. Up to 350° of oscillation directs airflow where you need it. HEATING: Can be used for long-range personal heating or fast, even room heating.
8. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Dorm Space Heater, 1500-Watt
Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection. Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer. Uses standard 110v 3 prong outlet. IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating coverage: 1000 Sq. ft
9. Vornado AVH10 Vortex Dorm Heater with Auto Climate Control,
Specially tuned airflow called “Vortex Action” circulates warm, gentle heat throughout an entire room. Auto climate control to automatically adjust and maintain a balanced room temperature. 2 heat settings (1500/750-Watt) with fan only option. Power Cord Plug Type: 2-Pin Polarized. Cool-touch case, tip-over protection and automatic safety shut-off system for worry-free use. Built to meet U.S. voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U.S.
10. AmazonBasics 500-Watt Ceramic Small Space Personal Dorm Mini Heater
Compact personal space heater design that is small enough for tables or desktops. Featuring efficient ceramic coils that heat up in seconds. Available in 4 colors to custom-match your decor. Includes tip-over protection for extra safety. Ideal for small spaces, at home or at the office.
If you live in cold climates and your dorm allows it, bringing your own dorm heaters is a dorm essential. Our list of the best dorm heaters is crafted with the size of your dorm in mind, as well as your budget. Having a heater in your dorm room can be a good idea for a number of reasons, particularly if you live in a place with cold winters. Some benefits of having a heater in your dorm room may include:
- Comfort: A dorm heater can help to make your dorm room feel warmer and more comfortable during the colder months. This can be especially important if your dorm doesn’t have central heating or if you tend to feel cold easily.
- Energy efficiency: Using a dorm heater can be more energy-efficient than relying on central heating for your entire dorm building, as you usually can’t control the temperature of your building.
- Personalized temperature control: With a heater in your dorm room, you have more control over the temperature of your living space. This can be especially useful if you and your roommate have different temperature preferences.
- Safety: Using a dorm heater can be safer than using a space heater, which can be a fire hazard if not used properly. Many heaters are designed to be used in small spaces and have safety features such as automatic shut-off.
Overall, a heater can be a useful and practical addition to your dorm room, helping to keep you warm and comfortable during the colder months. It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use the heater safely to avoid any accidents, and to check with your dorm policies if bringing your own dorm heater is allowed.
Leave a Comment