The Best Dorm Coffee Maker
From studies and school to socializing and work, there is far too much to do in college. This is why many students turn to energy supplements and drinking coffee in the dorm with a dorm coffee maker to power them through the day. A dorm coffee maker is ideally affordable, compact, and runs using water for a cup based or traditional brewing method. To make sure you stay energetic in the dorms, we’ve compiled the following Dorm Essentials top five best dorm coffee maker for rich great tasting coffee and energy. Looking for a espresso machine instead? Check here.
1. Keurig K-Mini Dorm Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 12 oz. Brew Sizes, Black
FITS ANYWHERE in the dorm: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces. YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods. ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew. FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes. TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
2. Keurig K-Slim College Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 8 to 12 oz. Brew Sizes, Black
FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5” wide, fits neatly on your countertop. MULTIPLE CUP WATER RESERVOIR: Removable 46 ounce reservoir lets you brew up to 4 cups before refilling. 8oz cup size. 3 CUP SIZES: brew an 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup at the push of a button. FAST & FRESH BREWED: Delicious coffee made in minutes.TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7. 0” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup. COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
3. Keurig K-Classic Dorm Coffee Maker, Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 10 Oz. Brew Sizes, Black
Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew. Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to. Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
4. Mr. Coffee Simple Brew Dorm Coffee Maker|4 Cup Dorm Coffee Machine|Drip Coffee Maker, Black
On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off. Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup (1 cup = 5 oz) before brewing is finished. Dual water window allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows. Removable filter basket for quick and easy cleanup. Stain-resistant warming plate is easy to clean.Watts: 650.
5. Cuisinart DCC-1100BKP1 Dorm Coffeemaker, 12-Cup, Black
Fully automatic coffeemaker with 24-hour Programmability. 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle, dripless spout, and knuckle guard. 1- to 4-cup setting; brew Pause; self cleaning; 60-second reset. Includes charcoal water filter, Permanent gold-tone Coffee filter, measuring scoop and instruction book.
6. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer College Coffee Maker, Single-Serve and 12-Cup Pot, Stainless Steel (49980A), Carafe
Here’s an added bonus option. Relax and enjoy this delicious blend specifically formulated to help calm your mind and body. Lemon balm leaf and passion flower extract are used to promote relaxation by soothing the nerves. Organic chamomile and lavender comfort for a deliciously intriguing blend that promotes a sense of calm. Honey and spearmint help calm during a stressful day or to ease you into a restful night. 100% all natural herbal supplement made with non-GMO ingredients.
It is not strictly necessary to have your own coffee maker in college, as there are often other options for obtaining coffee on campus, such as coffee shops or cafeterias. However, some students may prefer to have their own coffee maker in their dorm room or apartment, particularly if they are heavy coffee drinkers or if they enjoy having the convenience of being able to make their own coffee in their dorm room. The easy access to energy is a necessity for many students.
There are a few potential benefits to having your own coffee maker in a college dorm room:
- Convenience: Having a coffee maker in your dorm allows you to make coffee or other hot beverages anytime you want without having to leave your room or pay for a cup at a coffee shop.
- Cost savings: Making your own coffee at home can be less expensive than buying coffee at a coffee shop or cafe, especially if you drink a lot of coffee.
- Customization: With a coffee maker, you can choose your own coffee beans, grind size, and brewing strength to make your perfect cup of coffee.
- Socialization: A coffee maker can also be a great way to bring people together in a dorm room, as it can be a social activity to make and enjoy coffee together.
It is important to note that having a coffee maker in a dorm room may also come with some drawbacks, such as the need for additional electrical outlets, the potential for clutter or mess, and the potential impact on roommates or neighbors. It is always a good idea to consider these factors and to check with the housing staff before bringing a coffee maker or any other large appliance into a dorm room.
Other factors on considering a dorm coffee maker including the student’s personal preferences and budget, the specific rules and regulations of the dormitory or apartment building, and the size and layout of the living space. Some dorms or apartments may have rules against bringing certain types of appliances or may have restrictions on the use of electrical outlets, so it is important to check with the housing staff before bringing a coffee maker or any other large appliance into a living space. Additionally, it is worth considering the cost and maintenance of a coffee maker, as well as the potential impact on roommates or neighbors.
Leave a Comment