Nursing Student List
When you’re accepted into a nursing program or are on another pre-med journey, it’s an exciting time. While each program has it’s own specific requirements and guidelines around what you should by to be ready for your clinical visits, we’ve created our own nursing student list based on the most common elements we found across programs. To help take the stress of finding these items off, we’ve compiled the following specialty Dorm Essentials to include the best common nursing student list items you’ll need to be successful in your program and clinicals.
1. 3M Littmann Cardiology IV Diagnostic Stethoscope
As a nursing student, these will help you diagnose and make decisions with confidence. Hear subtle changes in patient status. Useful in critical care and challenging environments such as the ED, ICU, Cardiac ICU, step-down unit and other dynamic locations. 7-year warranty. Ergonomic and high profile construction; 40% larger chestpiece and 60% deeper bell than the 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope.
2. Madison Supply, Premium Quality Fluoride Coated Medical Scissors
This nurse recommended item is a1-Pack of black-handled, autoclaveable, EMT Shears from Madison Supply. Fluoride-coated non-stick surface. 7.5 inch long trauma shears for paramedics, doctors, nurses, etc. Sharp edge and milled serrations for cutting through the toughest material over and over. Durable,high-impact plastic handles, and stainless steel blades, premium quality, long-life medical scissors.
3. RISEMART Nurse Led Medical Penlight with Pupil Gauge
Cute clip and lightweight design is convenient for carrying. Exquisite penlight-set comes with 4 batteries. Perfect size and very handy penlights are easy to fit in your hand. Very simple to operate by pressing the soft rubber button. Could be that one perfect essential item for your family use.
4. Casio Women's LRW200H-7BVCF Dive Series Sport Watch
Imported, staple watch with second hand which is key for medical dosing timing. White color is also required by many hospitals and schools. All-white watch featuring bi-directoinal bezel and round dial with pastel-tone 12-hour indices, small 24-hour indices, and date window at 3 o’clock. 33 mm resin case with mineral dial window. Japanese quartz movement with analog display. Molded resin band with buckle closure. Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving.
5. Reebok Women's Classic Renaissance Sneaker
For the long days spent standing on your rotations, you’ll be happy to have a comfortable white set of shoes. Man Made, Imported, Synthetic sole, Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch. Classic lace-up sneaker in faux leather featuring tonal overlays and brand callouts at tongue, sides, and counter. Padded tongue and collar. Memory Tech footbed.
6. Physix Gear Compression Socks for Men & Women (20-30 mmHg)
Nurses spend alot of time on their feet, so taking care of your circulation is key! A Durable Compression Sock designed to last, without compromising quality or Comfort. Double stitched with Anti-Bacterial Fabric your legs will thank you. Feel the immediate Comfort and remarkable design of your new Stamina Long Sock Tights. The Perfect Work, Cycling, or Ski Socks. Quality stitched & Easy to get on even though they are a compression sock! They Wash well without losing compression keeping all the Excellent vascular toning benefits.
7. Briggs Precision Kelly Forceps Locking Tweezers Clamp
GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED WITHOUT SACRIFICING STYLE! This beautiful award-winning designer cane, popular in Europe and the UK, is now available in the U.S. FINE PRECISION TIP PRODUCES A STRONG GRIP ON SMALL OBJECTS. Locking mechanism allows them to be used as clamps. IDEAL FOR DOCTORS, NURSES, EMTs, students and home users. MADE OF HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL.
8. Scrubcheats 2018 56 Heavy Duty Laminated Nursing Reference Cards
The ideal resource for nursing students. 56 FULL COLOR: Pocket size reference cards packed full of vital information, with a table of contents, 7 sections color coded for your ease of use, and premium educational videos. EXPANDABLE: If you only want to bring a particular section with you to clinicals, no problem. Each Scrubcheat comes with a loose leaf ring to keep your cards organized. Also include is a storage box to keep them safe when not in use!
9. Tribe RN Nursing Clipboard with Storage With Quick Access Medical References
This nurse clipboard will keep your reports HIPAA compliant and your pockets light! Nobody wants to be weighed down by supplies or heavy folding clipboards when running to a code blue or a code brown;) Plenty of room for your calculator, scissors, highlighters, notebooks, report sheets, pens, and other supplies!
10. Buttonsmith Anatomy Tinker Reel Retractable Badge Reel
Badging in the hospitals is going to be a common task. Tinker Reel badge reels let you change the image on your badge reel whenever you feel like it! Each reel set comes with four swappable decorative Tinker Tops for you to easily switch to match your outfit or your mood. Has an extra-long 36″ cord, a stainless alligator or belt clip, and a snap badge attachment or key ring. Designed to hold 2 oz. Tinker Reel badge reels have been tested for more than 1,000,000 pulls and has a full year guarantee.
These nursing student essentials are just a few examples of the items that you may need as a new nursing student. Your school or program may have additional requirements or recommendations for items to bring with you to class and clinical rotations. As a new nursing student, there are a few key things that you should be aware of:
- The demands of the program: Nursing school can be a challenging and demanding program, requiring a significant time commitment and a lot of hard work. Be prepared to spend long hours studying and completing clinical rotations in addition to your regular coursework.
- The importance of time management: Time management is critical for nursing students, as you will need to juggle many different responsibilities and commitments. Developing good time management skills can help you stay on top of your coursework and clinical rotations and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- The need for clinical experience: Nursing school will involve a significant amount of clinical experience, where you will work with patients and practice your skills under the supervision of an instructor or nurse. Be prepared to spend a lot of time in clinical settings and to be challenged by real-life situations.
- The importance of self-care: Nursing school can be physically and emotionally demanding, so it’s important to take care of yourself and practice self-care. This may include getting enough sleep, eating well, and finding ways to manage stress.
- The value of networking: Building relationships with your classmates, instructors, and other nurses can be beneficial for your professional development. Consider joining nursing organizations or participating in networking events to make connections and learn from others in the field.
We hope this list of essentials helps you on your path to your medical career and nursing in college.
Leave a Comment