Best Fans For Your Dorm (Updated August 2019)
DormEssentials July 29, 2019
With most semesters starting in the end of summer, it’s that time of the year where dorms are getting hot and stuffy. It feels like dorms get warmer every year, and especially for those in areas where climates are warm all year long, you’ll find yourself wanting a fan, or maybe even two. Our hand curated affiliated list of the best fans will help you pick the best dorm fan for keeping cool in college, updated August 2019.
- Vornado’s signature Vortex Technology provides complete circulation of all the air throughout a room;PowerCord Plug Type: 2-Pin Polarized. The low speed noise level is 43 dB
- Superior performance through deep-pitched blades that move air up to 70 feet
- Multi-directional airflow and whisper-quiet operation. High Speed dB : 52. Watts : 51
- 3 speed settings and removable grill for easy cleaning;Control Style :Mechanical Switch
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty. NOTE: This product is ideal for small to mid-size rooms, such as a bedroom, kitchen or dorm.
- Built to meet U.S. voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U.S.
2. Dr. Prepare Tower Fan Oscillating Fan
- Feel The Coolness – Features dual fans to maximize air movement and deliver strong airflow throughout the stuffy space in high summer. 3 speed options (high-medium-low) provide tailored cooling-off experience to beat the heat.
- 110° Widespread Oscillation – A simple press on the “swing” button allows the tower fan to oscillate horizontally for 110 degrees, sweeping more areas in the room with smooth breeze for effective personal cooling.
- 3 Auto-Off Timers – Comes with 3 timer options, including 2H, 4H, and 8H, to enable this desk fan to circulate muggy air at night for improved ventilation and lasting coolness at your bedside.
3. Honeywell Quiet Set Whole Room Tower Fan
- OSCILLATING REMOTE CONTROL TOWER FAN: The Honeywell QuietSet tower fan provides powerful whole room cooling with quiet operation, oscillation and automatic shut-off timer. 5 levels of sound and power settings let you choose what’s best for your environment
- QUIET COOLING: Honeywell’s QuietSet line of fans are quiet and powerful, so you’ll feel the fan’s cooling power with less sound
4. PELONIS Fan, Oscillating Tower Fan with LED Display, Remote Control
- With quiet triple-speed modes, you can easily optimize the cool airflow through adjustable low-middle-high speeds. Each mode is customized your needs where you get to breeze through either: normal, natural or sleep.
- LED display located at the top without bending over,easy to adjust settings to meet your needs, white indicators for mode, timer, speed. Designed with 30s screen auto-off to eliminate light-disturbance especially in night.
5. Vornado VFAN Mini Classic Personal Vintage Air Circulator Fan
- Metal construction with authentic VFAN styling
- Utilizes Vornado’s signature Vortex air circulation
- 2 speed settings with multi-directional airflow
6. Lasko 1646 16 in. Remote Control Stand Fan
- 3 Quiet, Energy-Efficient Speeds – allows this free standing pedestal fan to provide a cooling breeze around the home or home office. Ideal for the bedroom, living room, or near your desk. Low, medium, and high speed make this fan well suited around the whole house.
- Adjustable Height & Tilt-back Head – gives you the ability to direct the cooling air right where you need it. The fan’s stand or pedestal, adjusts up or down changing the fan’s height while the tilt-back head lets you aim the air towards the floor, ceiling, or anywhere in between.
7. LivePure LP1500FAN Oscillating Bladeless Vortex Whole Room Fan
- Bladeless Construction: No fast spinning blades for safe use around kids, pets and while cleaning. Lack of blades prevents dust build-up from being blown around the room
- Fresh Indoor Breeze: Quickly cool a room with 45-degree oscillation and a powerful, smooth stream of airflow.
8. AmazonBasics Oscillating Dual Blade Standing Pedestal Fan with Remote
- 2-Blade oscillating pedestal fan with adjustable height and vertical angle
- Automatic oscillation feature
- Features 3 speeds (low, medium, high) and 3 modes (nature, sleep, normal)
- 120 volt / 55 watt power consumption
- Includes a remote control and auto shut-off timer
9. Lasko 3300 20″ Wind Machine Fan With 3 Energy-Efficient Speeds
- 3 High Performance Speeds – makes this fan ideal for the bedroom, living room, kitchen, or home office. The quiet yet powerful motor provides a cooling breeze throughout the room.
- Energy Efficient Operation – with five blades and 3 fan speeds this 20 inch fan provides a cooling breeze without driving up electric bills. Use in the cool weather to bring in fresh air and use in hot weather to ventilate.
10. Holmes Window Fan with with Twin 6-Inch Reversible Airflow Blades
- Dual-blade operation for a powerful, cooling breeze
- Two speed settings and manual-reverse airflow control
- Water-resistant motors are safe to use during rainy weather
- Designed to fit most double-hung and slider windows
- Adjustable extender screen and extender panel help secure fan in larger windows
- Ideal for large rooms up to 500 sq. ft., but make sure your dorm allows outside fans!